about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Thursday 15 March 2018

Top three books of 2018 so far...

Top three books of 2018 so far...

So, I know that I haven't been written a blog post lately and so I thought that I would write about some of the best books that I have read in the past few months. So, here goes!

1) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

To be fair, I have read THUG before, but I re read during the February half term, and it's such as good book!! I definitely recommend this book to pretty much anyone over the age of thirteen. It doesn't matter if you are no longer a teen, and if you don't normally read YA, it really is worth it!





2) Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata

So, since I last wrote a post, I have started to read a bit of manga. Death Note (I finished the second volume only half an hour before writing this) has been my favourite so far. Its a thriller that keeps you on the edge at all times. It makes you question who the bad guys really are. And most of all, it's got a really good plot line at the same time! It's definitely worth the read, and I would recommend it to everyone over the age of 12, even if they have never read manga before!




3) Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

So, this isn't technically a YA book, but it really is very good. Eleanor Oliphant is a great book about Eleanor Oliphant (no surprise) who is trying to live with many secrets from the past. She, and many others, think that she is fine. However, she might not be as a-ok as she thinks that she is. Eleanor Oliphant is a great book that I would recommend to anyone 13+. This is probably the best book that I have read this year!



So there you have it! My favourite books that I have read so far this year! I hope that you try them and enjoy them, and maybe they'll make it into a similar list that some of you write!

No comments:

Post a Comment