about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Tuesday 9 May 2017

TV or BOOKS

TV or BOOKS

In debating today, we had to speak on whether TV was more educational than books. Of course,a s a book blogger, I spoke on the side of the books, but it did make me wonder. So I thought I would write a blog post about it, if not only to solidify my own thoughts on the matter...



So first, the Pros and Cons of both sides:

Books

Books develop your language and your imagination.
When you start reading you start with a book with easy vocabulary, and gradually progress, where as when watching television, everything is dumbed down so that the channel can get as higher ratings as possible.

As for your imagination, when you are reading, you can imagine a character in any way you want, whereas whilst watching TV you are just sat there, not exercising your imagination at all.

However, and I am sure plenty of books bloggers will agree with me here, books are expensive. Not everyone has enough money to buy books, sadly. Also, with all those trees being cut down to create the paper, some might say that it is bad for the environment.

TV

Many people find it is easier to learn in a visual way, using things such as TV. With things such as documentaries, it has never been easier to learn from television.
Also, with TV, you don't need to learn how to do anything to do it (Unlike books where you have to learn to read.)

However, televisions are expensive, maybe even more so than books. Also, you need electricity to watch TV as well.



But I decided to ask twitter...

And, with a grand old total of ONE PERSON* voting by the time I wrote this post, I can safely say that 100% percent of twitter think that books are better...


But what do you think?
Are books better?
Or is TV more your cup of tea?

↓I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments↓


*Shoutout to whoever that was. You know who you are, even if I don't (Twitter is weird like that)




1 comment:

  1. I think each of them is necessary for the learning process. there are thinks you can't teach without visual scenes

    ReplyDelete