about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Wednesday 1 March 2017

We Come Apart

We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan and Brian Conaghan

Nicu has come to England, from Romania, with his parents. They need to earn money, so they can return and buy Nicu a wife.

Jess has an abusive step dad, and a cowering mum. More than ever now, she needs a good friend.

When Jess and Nicu meet on a community service scheme, Nicu falls instantly in love with Jess. Unfortunately the feelings aren't mutual. But maybe they need each other more than Jess realises.




I don't know if anyone saw this on twitter, but I was literally crying my eyes by the end. It's one of those books. You hardly realised that it was two different authors. In fact you hardly realised that it was written by anyone other than Nicu and Jess! I wasn't quite sure who wrote each part, but I think that Sarah Crossan was Jess and Brian Conaghan was Nicu (correct me if I am wrong). Also, it was written in poetry, which only added to the book. You could really understand what the characters were feeling.


I am going to give it a 10/10
and an age rating of 12+

Image result for we come apart

No comments:

Post a Comment