about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Saturday 25 February 2017

Day of the Triffids

Sorry this one took so long. It was a mixture of school and just bad sleep. But anyway...

Day of the Triffids by John Windham

When Bill wakes up in hospital, it is incredibly quiet. Because a Triffid had attacked his eyes, his eyes had been healing when there was a meteor shower. At the time, Bill feels unlucky, but little does he know how lucky he is. Because when he wakes up, everyone else is blind, and the Triffids are on the loose.

I liked the plot of 'day of the Triffids' a lot. It was written in a way that made you believe in it, when you knew it wasn't real. I do, however, feel that the beginning was really slow, and the end was too fast. There was a whole second chapter full of useless information. But apart from that, I thought it was a really good book, and I am glad I read it.

I am going to give it a 7/10
And an age rating of 13+


No comments:

Post a Comment