about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Tuesday 8 November 2016

The Subtle Knife

The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
Second in the His Dark Materials series

Will is a young boy from Oxford. He has just killed a man, who had broken into his house. He is now on the run. Then Will sees something. A window to another world. He decides to go through, and his world is changed forever.
Lyra has come through the mist, from her world, to the same world as Will.
When they meet, Lyra finds out that her quest is to find Wills father, she gladly helps. But along the way, they encounter many things that could make their journey end in a fate worse than death. Will they find Will's father?

Such a good book. I was captivated right up till the last page. I liked the way there were two story lines going on at once, that of Lyra and Will, and that of Lee Scoresby. It is the second in a series, and I had read the first a long time ago, yet it was still great. I always love unique traits of books, and this ones was definitely the Daemons. I found myself feeling sorry for those who didn't have one (forgetting that I don't have one my self). My only criticism is that SO MANY PEOPLE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's quite a sad book)

I am going to give it a 9/10
and an age rating of 11+

No comments:

Post a Comment