about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Sunday 20 March 2016

War Horse

War Horse by Michael Morpurgo

Some of you might have read the theatre review and know the story. But if not, enjoy...

When Albert's dad brings Joey, a young foal, home from market. But then WW1 breaks out and Joey is sold to the army. Will Joey survive the horrors of the war, and if so, will Albert and Joey ever see each other again?

Let me start by saying that the book is loads different from the play, (and the film, I assume. I've never watched it. All though I have got it. Somewhere...). My cousin was reading it, so I decided to pick it up. And boy, was it good. The plot is great and I love the way you see the entire thing through Joey's eyes, the first good book that I have read told through the eyes of an animal.

I'm going to give it a respectable 9/10
And an age rating of 8+


No comments:

Post a Comment