about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Sunday 31 January 2016

Refugee Boy

Refugee Boy by Benjamin Zephaniah

Alem comes from Ethiopia. He also comes from Eritrea. Unfortunately, there is a war going on between them. Alem and his father flee, but Alem thinks it's only a holiday, until his father leaves him in England...

This is my book club book, recommended to me by my form tutor. I thought that it was very well written and I really liked the story line. I also thought it was very good for a current affair, the migrant crisis. It was really well written and I don't think that it could have been any better.

I think that this is book that is worth a 11/10 but as that is not possible, I have to give it a 10
I think that the age rating is 10+


No comments:

Post a Comment